This very green smoothie with coconut water is super simple to make, tastes delicious and gives you an additional energy boost with matcha powder!
This green smoothie with coconut water is my to go breakfast for days when I either don’t have time, don’t feel like eating anything or feel a bit under the weather (or all of the three combined). There are tons of variations on it, but this one just packs so much goodness into it, that it is my all time favorite. If you want a green refreshment instead of a meal replacement (or addition), have a look at my Green Cucumber Mint Smoothie.
- 250 ml coconut water
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp tiger nuts, powdered
- 2 cubes frozen spinach*
- 1 tsp barley grass powder
- ½ tsp matcha powder**
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 handful cashews (soaked)
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- The easiest thing ever: put everything into a blender and blend away!
** You can omit the matcha powder if you don't have it, I just enjoy it as an additional energy boost (especially in the morning).
Additional notes on this Green Smoothie with Coconut Water
- You can replace the coconut water with (light coconut) milk, it will make it slightly less green in color, but still taste wonderful.
- You don’t have to pre-soak your nuts, I just prefer them this way because they turn creamier in the smoothie.
- The cayenne pepper is there to boost your metabolism in the morning (or whenever you like to drink your greens) and also gives it a nice kick.
- Let the smoothie sit for a few minutes before you drink it, if you add dry chia seeds. You could also put them in the coconut water 20 minutes before making the smoothie, so they have time to gel up.
- The longer you blend it, the smoother it gets! Sometimes I like mine more “coarse” (or am too impatient) and it still tastes yummy. 😉
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe – let me know, have you ever tried a green smoothie with coconut water before? I also share my daily breakfast on Instagram, make sure to follow me over there for daily inspiration!