Hello guys, something very different today – not long ago I was nominated for an Liebster Award by the sweet Ju from JuYogi. I figured, why not! It’s a good way that you can get to know me a bit better as well. I translated her questions to English, as a lot of my readers are from English speaking countries! Let’s jump right in:
1. Vegan, vegetarian or nothing of the two?
Actually nothing of the two. I call my self an ‘everythingtarian’ as you can read in my About section. I do lean towards the vegetarian side a lot, with lots of vegan dishes in there as well. I try to avoid dairy as much as possible, cut out refined sugar and also white flour. In general, I try to eat a wholesome array of natural foods that is heavy on the plant side.
2. Your favorite recipe from your Mum?
That’s a tough one! One is for sure the Warming Potato Vegetable Soup, but another is for sure her apple cake! I haven’t had the opportunity to make it myself yet, but I hope I will be able to share the recipe on here as well.
3. How connected are you to your hometown/country?
I love the village where I grew up and currently live. I love the scenery in Austria. But, I also love to travel and I love New York…
4. Sport outdoors or in the gym?
5. Do you like to travel? What’s your favorite destination?
Yes, like mentioned above, I love to travel. It’s tough to say what my favorite destination is. I love New York, but for me that’s less traveling, more ‘living’, as I always spend longer periods of time there. I loved Sevilla when I went there last February.
6. Sweet oatmeal or hearty scrambled eggs for breakfast?
Most days, something sweet!
7. Are you a fan of summer or winter sports?
Both! I love rollerblading, and I love ice skating, as one example. I love to go for a swim, and I really enjoy skiing 🙂
8. Which spice/herbs/secret ingredients is a must have in your kitchen?
Probably dried ginger and powdered tiger nuts.
9. Coffee or tea?
Tea all the way, I hardly ever drink coffee.
10. Reading or writing? What do you enjoy more in blogging?
That’s a difficult one! I love writing, but I’ve been a reader for many many years.
11. Your current favorite blogs?
Let me name my three favorite “big” blogs here:
The Bojon Gourmet – just look at Alanna’s pictures, you will fall in love!
Pinch of Yum – who doesn’t know Lindsay and Bjork?
The Full Helping – I have followed Gena for many many years. I’m neither raw, nor vegan but I still enjoy her blog immensely!
That’s it, now for my 11 questions:
- Tea or coffee?
- Cold or hot breakfast?
- How did you get to blogging?
- What’s your favorite recipe at the moment?
- What’s your favorite meal to make – breakfast, lunch or dinner?
- Country or city girl?
- Fruits or veggies?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- Is there a food you absolutely dislike?
- What’s the last food related item you bought?
- Do you grow your own herbs/veggies/fruits?
Absolutely Bananas for Health (no longer public)
Serene Eats (no longer public)
Just answer my questions, make up your own and nominate a few other bloggers! Enjoy 🙂
Updated for links July 2016