Try this super quick and simple coconut oatmeal recipe. No long stirring or standing next to the pot!
Hello my dears!
When you read this I might not actually have internet yet, but I will hopefully have arrived safely in New York City. I’m actually currently in a train to Vienna, where I even have the luxury of free wifi that actually works. I’m impressed! Well done ÖBB 😀
So what is this Monday’s breakfast recipe? I decided to keep it simple and share my favorite way to make oatmeal with you. Making oatmeal is really no big deal and very quick to do. I still think that there are a few different ways to do it and therefore I want to share with you how I do it. Oats were also pretty much the only thing that was left in my pantry this week, because I managed to use up all of my quinoa, millet and buckwheat. So, without further chit-chat, let’s jump right in to the recipe!
Simple Coconut Oatmeal
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup water
- several nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts…)
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- lots of fruit
- Boil the water – I simply make more when I boil water for my tea.
- Add the oats in a shallow pot or pan, add in all the spices, the shredded coconut and add hot water so the oats are fully covered
- If you like your nuts soaked and cooked, you can add them now or save them for later
- Go get ready and let the oats soak up the hot water.
- When you come back, turn on the stove, let the oats boil up once and turn off the heat.
- Stir a few times, and your oats are done!
- Add lots of fruit on top, nuts, some more shredded coconut and whatever else you enjoy in your oatmeal.