Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I hope you were able to relax and spend some quality time with people that are important to you. What is the recipe about today? It’s a very easy and quick rice pudding. I often make too much rice for lunch or dinner and this is the perfect way to use cooked rice up the next morning. You can obviously make it from scratch, which will definitely make it more creamy, but it will also take much longer! I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t always have the time for that, right? One word of caution: if your cooked rice is very salty, it might not be ideal for this sweet rice pudding. The same goes for rice cooked in broth, but I think that’s pretty clear that it would not make a tasty combination. 😉 So, the secret to this quick rice pudding is using already cooked rice! If you don’t have any leftovers, but want a quick rice pudding too, try my Easy Coconut Rice Pudding Recipe, which uses rice flakes instead!
- about 1 cup leftover cooked rice
- ½ - 1 cup ricemilk
- 1 handful chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, walnuts...)
- Add the cooked rice and spices into a small pot or pan, add enough rice milk to cover it.
- Heat the mixture up and let it slowly cook until the liquid is absorbed - slowly add more rice milk if necessary until the rice has formed a more pudding like consistency.
- It’s delicious served with heated up cherries or my Chia Jam, but also with spiced pear, or even like here with rose petals and some pistachios. Let your imagination run wild 🙂
- If you are looking for a recipe on how to cook rice pudding from scratch, here is mine!
Pictures updated March 2015.