Quinoa tastes soapy? Quinoa porridge never turns out right? Try this very easy quinoa porridge recipe!
Happy Monday! So, what’s for breakfast this Monday morning? It’s an easy quinoa porridge. It’s so easy that you can actually forget about it for 15 minutes, while you are in the shower or play on your phone 😉
One of the ‘secrets’ to making a good quinoa porridge is to wash the quinoa well before cooking, because otherwise it will be bitter and/or soapy tasting – and who wants that in her/his breakfast? Thought so. Me neither. So let’s jump right in to the recipe, and if you have quinoa at home and don’t know what to make for today’s breakfast, I’d suggest you try this one! Oh, and if you need more breakfast inspiration, you can also head on over to my Instagram, where I share my breakfast with you every day!
Easy Quinoa Porridge
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oat milk (or rice, or almond, or whatever you like)
- Rinse the quinoa well. Do not skip this step.
- Put the quinoa with the liquid and spices in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to low, stir a few times and cover with a lid.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa gets slightly translucent and the little ‘tails’ show.
- Add some berries and nuts on top and you have a delicious breakfast!
- You might need to add a little more liquid if the quinoa feels to dry or is not cooked through after 15 minutes.
- Check the time that is stated on your quinoa package – some quinoa might take longer!
So, and a little ‘out-take’ from my photo taking process – this is what happens when I try to take pictures when my boyfriend is around 😉