Love french toast but want something on the go? Try these French Toast Banana Sandwiches! Dairy and refined sugar free.
Happy Monday guys! Wow, it’s already December – this means I’ve been here in New York for more than a month already. This feels crazy! Have you been following along on Instagram? I’ve made so many different breakfasts now, and sometimes I just like to put a little spin on a classic breakfast. That’s how this french toast banana sandwich came together. To me this was the perfect combination of quick to make, quick to eat, filling and sweet. If you are in a pinch you could even put the honey and coconut on the inside and eat it on the go.
French Toast Banana Sandwiches
- 2 slices whole wheat toast (or other bread you have on hand)*
- 1 large egg (or 2 if they are small)
- 1/2-1 cup plant milk (I used hemp)
- 1/2 banana
- shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- honey to drizzle (optional)
*I decided to toast the bread first, because it was very soft – if your bread is a bit older or more of a studier bread you might not need that.
- Mix eggs, milk and spices in a plate or bowl large enough to fit your toast or bread.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Soak the bread in the mixture on both sides or make sure that the top is soaked as well.
- Place bread in the pan and bake it on both sides until golden.
- Slice the banana and place it on the toast, make it a sandwich with the second slice of french toast.
- Drizzle with honey if you like and put shredded coconut on top as well.
- Cut in half and enjoy a banana french toast sandwich!