Hello Friday! It’s nearly the weekend and I finally got around to write a post for my Friday Treats series – because, who doesn’t like a little treat after a long week? This one is especially delicious – a chocolaty, nutty dessert that’s somewhere between a brownie, a cake and a cookie. That’s why I simply call them chocolate pecan thins. Does anyone have a better description for this kind of treat?
Those thins are soft, taste decadently chocolaty and sweet without any added sugar. On top of this, they are done in 12 minutes! Oh and they are vegan too. What could you ask for more? 😉 They are boyfriend approved as well, which says a lot, because he has a very sweet tooth! So let’s get right into the recipe.
Chocolate Pecan Thins
- 3 heaping tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp
- 1,5 tbsp unsweetened cacao
- 1 handful pecans
- 1/2 banana (mashed and very ripe)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- coconut milk
- First mix all the dry ingredients together (which is everything on the list except the coconut milk, oil and banana – leave the pecans out as well).
- Add the mashed banana, the coconut oil and coconut milk until a slightly liquid-y batter forms – mix well to get rid of all the flour clumps that might be there.
- Chop up most of the pecans and mix into the batter.
- If you have time, I would strongly suggest letting it rest for 15 minutes, so the chia seeds can gel up – if the batter gets too dry, add some more milk.
- Use a little baking tray and line with paper/foil and/or grease it with some coconut oil.
- Slowly pour the batter into it. It will rise a bit, so make sure it has a bit of space to the top (or it will flow over). Add the leftover pecans on top.
- Bake at 400°F/200°C for about 12 minutes – I baked mine in a toaster oven and they turned out wonderful!