Hello ladies and gentlemen! Today’s recipe is probably one of the simplest breakfast recipes possible, but it is filling, delicious and looks like you spent a long time in the kitchen – lemon chia pudding with mandarines! It’s fresh, light and definitely helps wake you up and get you in a good mood for the day. Oh, and chia seeds are really good for you too! They pack a punch in terms of healthy omega 3 fatty acids and fiber.
I found a beautiful basket of mandarines in a local supermarket last week and I just had to take it home with me – they were just too photogenic! On top of looking pretty, they were also incredibly sweet. Paired with some organic untreated lemons and lots of chia seeds, they just screamed citrus chia pudding at me 😉 I mean, just look at those babies, who could’ve walked by and not thought about snapping a picture?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy citrus fruits as much as I do and even though it’s still winter outside have room in your belly and appetite for a refreshing lemon chia pudding with mandarine slices! Without further ado, let’s jump right in to the recipe!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup rice-coconut milk
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 mandarine
- lemon peel (organic, untreated)
- The night before you want to eat the chia pudding, combine the chia seeds with the rice-coconut milk in a little bowl or glass.
- After 5 minutes, stir well again to avoid clumping, let it sit for another 10 minutes and stir again. If you have time, leave it on the counter for about an hour, so the chia seeds can gel up - in my experience they gel up better at room temperature.
- Theoretically, you could eat it already, but it's even better if you put it in the fridge and finish preparing it the next morning.
- The next morning, stir in some lemon juice, and add the mandarine slices. Top off with a little grated lemon peel and ready is a filling and refreshing chia pudding! Don't limit yourself to breakfast though, it's a wonderful dessert as well!
Hey, are you subscribed to my blog? If not, I would love if you would do so – there is a box for it in the sidebar and in the footer of my blog! 🙂 Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter too!