Hello guys! It’s the start of a new week and therefore also time for me to share a new breakfast recipe with you. I’m still in love with citrus fruits, therefore it’s citrus oatmeal time! It includes lemons and mandarine oranges, but you could also use blood oranges, regular oranges, or tangerines. It’s refreshing to eat, feels light and still warms your belly. Oh, and it brings sun onto your breakfast table – what more could you ask for? I would highly suggest you give this recipe a try as soon as possible! Oh, and you know what? Tell me what you would love to see next on my blog! Any recipes you want me to try my hand at a makeover? Let me know in the comments! Before that, let’s jump right to the recipe, so you can make this delicious citrus-y oatmeal asap.
- ½ cup oats (fine)
- ½ cup rice-coconut milk (or plain rice, or light coconut milk)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ small lemon (juice)
- 1 mandarine orange
- 1 tsp flax seed (optional)
- Combine oats, salt and milk in a small pot and bring to a boil (if you use flax seeds, you can add them in now, or top your oatmeal with it at the end).
- Stir carefully, so nothing sticks to the bottom and turn the heat down so the oatmeal simmers gently.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes (depending on how creamy you want it), then take off the heat and add lemon juice to it - add the juice slowly - spoon by spoon and try in between, so it doesn't get too sour for your taste.
- Serve in a bowl and top off with some mandarine slices. Enjoy!
You can obviously use whatever milk you enjoy to make your oats or simply use water – I personally love the taste of rice-coconut milk, because it’s a quite light, refreshing tasting milk with a hint of coconut. And coconut makes everything better in my opinion! 😉
Don’t forget, let me know what recipes you want to see on the blog next – is there anything specific you want me to try and attempt a makeover? Any breakfast creations you saw on my Instagram, but haven’t seen the recipe on here? Let me know!