Happy Monday! I can’t believe that March is nearly over already – where is the time going?! I feel like I just came back from the States, but in reality I’ve been back in Europe for 2 months already…Anyway! It’s Monday, so it’s time for another recipe – this time it’s a baked quinoa dish. More precisely, baked quinoa with banana, coconut, cocoa nibs and chopped almonds. It uses pre cooked (leftover) quinoa and I baked it in the microwave, so this breakfast was ready in under 5 minutes!
- ~1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ banana (sliced)
- 1 tbsp fine oats
- 1 handful coconut flakes
- 5 chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cocoa nibs (or more!)
- 2 tbsp rice-coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar mixed with some cinnamon (optional)
- Use a microwave/oven save ramekin and put the cooked quinoa on the bottom.
- Layer the sliced banana onto the quinoa, then sprinkle the oats, chopped almonds, coconut flakes and cacao nibs on top.
- Add the coconut rice milk slowly one spoon at a time, drizzling over the oats so they can soak up some liquid. If you want to, you can add the coconut palm sugar on top now, to make it a bit sweeter.
- Simply put it in the microwave on high (800W in my case) for about 3 minutes. Enjoy!
It’s spring already, so you will soon see more berries and fresh fruit on here again, for now, give this baked quinoa a try the next time you have some leftovers. I try to cook according to the seasons, even though I do still have some frozen berries to use up – and I do have a fun and simple breakfast idea in mind for them. Oh, and it’s rhubarb season – I really want to make a fun dessert or pie with it, so stay tuned for a Friday Treats post with some rhubarb in the near future! I would recommend you follow me on Instagram and Facebook, so you see it first when I experiment in the kitchen.