Hello Monday! Hope you had a great weekend – it was a really hot one here and I spent it one half at a local pool and the other half seeking shade underneath trees. 😉 I still don’t feel like heating up my kitchen, so here we go with another no-cook breakfast recipe! It’s a hidden greens açai bowl, which can help you sneak some greens and antioxidants into even the pickiest of eater’s breakfast!
Some people just don’t like eating green foods or drinking green smoothies – they don’t know what they are missing out on! But, I understand that sometimes green food is just not an option: this is how this hidden greens açai bowl came into existence! You can use whatever leafy greens you have on hand – the rainbow chard in my garden was what I used and it works really well. If you use kale, you should probably add even more berries or a bit of maple syrup. Kale has a stronger taste on its own than chard does. Oh, go topping crazy. You don’t have to stick to berries, but there are so many different ones in season right now, I just put them all on top of my bowl. You could also use cacao nibs, hemp seeds, flax-seed, nuts…go crazy, go wild. Get creative!
- 6 leaves chard*
- 1 heaping tbsp açai powder
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 handful raspberries (fresh or frozen, whatever you have on hand)
- oat milk**
- If your blender can handle it, put all the ingredients into it, with a splash of oat milk. Add more oat milk as you go until you achieve a nice smooth texture.
- Otherwise, first add in the greens, açai powder, oats and chia seeds and blend up with some oat milk.
- Add in the banana and raspberries and blend until smooth. Add oat milk as needed.
- Top of with fresh berries and some more banana disks and enjoy!
** Use whatever non-dairy milk you enjoy - I also love light coconut milk or rice milk.
Please share this hidden greens açai bowl recipe with your friends if you enjoy it!
I would love for you to subscribe to Curls’n’Chard – no spam, I promise! Just wholesome recipes, travel and here and there some little tidbits about a natural, sustainable lifestyle!