Going to San Francisco? Here are 5 things you can do or see for free! From free public transport, to free snacks!
Hey guys! I promised you to share some more about my trip to the west coast, where we explored the Californian coast line from San Francisco down to Los Angeles. I figured I start by something fun and short – 5 free things you can do in San Francisco! Who doesn’t love free things? 😉
5 Free Things to Do in San Francisco
- Walk from Pier 39 to the Golden Gate bridge, along the promenade – yes, it’s quite the walk but you have lots of things to see on the way and it’s totally worth it!
- Walk the Golden Gate bridge both ways – in the best case in the late afternoon – so on the way there you will still have plenty of light and while walking back you will see the gorgeous sunset and golden light!
- Take the PresidiGo Shuttle from the Presidio Park back to Embarcadero for free transport and a little city tour (or the other way around).
- Use the bathroom in the Ritz-Carlton next to China Town and enjoy their free flavored water and fortune cookies. 😉
- Enjoy some of the many free art galleries, like the ZK Gallery on Jefferson street (next to Fisherman’s Wharf).
I know there are many, many more free things to do in San Francicso (see here or here), but those are 5 things that I actually did myself and had fun doing it. Posts about my general thoughts on San Fran, LA and the coast in between will arrive shortly on this blog, so make sure you stay up to date and don’t miss them. The best way is to sign up via e-mail (top bar, or right column) or like Curls’n’Chard on Facebook and make sure you have the notifications on. That’s it for today – short and sweet! Probably not as sweet as the fortune cookies from the Ritz-Carlton though. 😀