My best (re)discoveries in 2015: Living Nature Manuka Honey Gel, Shea Moisture, Waffles, Baobab, the KonMarie method, the Tim Ferriss show and Highway 1!
Now that we have all arrived in the new year and are not hungover anymore (well, hopefully, it’s the 4th already after all!), let me share my favorite things, recipes and experiences of 2015 with you. Some are new discoveries, some rediscoveries or long time favorites. I know, I know – everyone and their kitten do those yearly reviews and you might be bored – don’t click away! These 7 favorite things of 2015 are definitely worth your time.
The 7 best (re)discoveries of 2015
- Living Nature – Manuka Honey Gel – it doesn’t look like very much in this inconspicuous little tube, but believe me, this gel is powerful. It heals all my zits, before they get huge, calms inflation and just generally is awesome. I unfortunately ran out just the other day and could use it pretty badly right now!
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey line – where do I even start? I have the shampoo and the conditioner and apart from that they smell amazing, they have wonderful ingredients (oh, baobab is in there too, see below), make my hair soft and on top of it supports a poverty fighting project. Win-Win!
- Waffles!!! If you haven’t seen my recipe yet, check it out here. Since my lovely friend Christina gifted me a waffle iron, I can’t stop eating them.
- Baobab – it is THE superfood of the year for me. One where I actually feel a difference in terms of energy that it provides me with. There is a reason why it’s called the tree of life! It is also rich in vitamin C, Potassium and tastes great.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo – okay, if you still haven’t read the book, where have you been this year? I feel like everyone was talking about this book. Why I’m usually one to avoid the hype, with this one I’m glad I didn’t. It is literally life changing, no kidding. If you want to get an idea what it’s about in video form, check this playlist out.
- The Tim Ferriss Show Podcast: I enjoyed his book The 4 Hour Workweek a few years ago, but I really fell in love with his podcasts this year! He interviews successful people from all fields of expertise and gets amazing, actionable nuggets of wisdom out of every single one of them. Sounds boring? Those people include Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jamie Foxx, Tara Brach and many more. I highly recommend listening to him, if you have some time during the day, like a commute.
- The Trip down the Highway 1 from San Francisco to Los Angeles. If you still wonder whether the coastline there is really as spectacular as everyone says: yep, believe them. And read more about it here.
Now, let me know, what are your best (re)discoveries of 2015? Please let me know!